Internal Medicine Department
The Internal Medicine department at Gulu Regional Referral Hospital employs specialists that concentrate on:
- Evaluating and managing patients with multiple medical or health issues. Among others, this includes people who require assistance in the diagnosis of their conditions because they are complex or have unexplained symptoms like shortness of breath, kidney problems, or high blood pressure.
- Strategies for a healthy lifestyle, early disease detection, and disease prevention, include diabetes screening, cholesterol screenings, and blood pressure checks.
What To Expect
The units under the Gulu Hospital Internal Medicine department (also called the medical department) offer a variety of internal medicine consultations. A general physical examination and laboratory or imaging tests are typically part of it. When offering clinical care, the internal medicine staff at Gulu Hospital will refer you to other specialists and service departments like surgery or radiology. You will receive the precise attention you require thanks to our patient care approach. Nearly all services are offered under one roof.
Your care is delivered in a clinical setting that is backed by research and teaching. You will receive treatment in the following areas at the Gulu Hospital Internal Medicine department:
- Consultative medicine focuses on assisting individuals who have several or complex undiagnosed illnesses and require assistance in reaching a diagnosis.
- Disease prevention programs offer preventive care through a focused, experience to help people gain more healthy years ahead of them.
- Management of people with cancer, persistent pain, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, and many other conditions is all done with an integrated health approach.
- Palliative medicine focuses on providing people relief from chronic or terminal pain and other symptoms of serious illnesses.
- Management of cardiovascular, pulmonary, Gastrointestinal, muscular conditions, and many other medical conditions.