The Community Health department has the mandate to provide support towards ensuring the health and productivity of citizens; and a clean, habitable and sustainable environment in the community. In so doing, its role is to ensure disease prevention and health promotion interventions are well planned for and implemented. The department guides the efficient management of public health interventions both within the hospital and the community at large.
How things are done
The key activities of the department include:
- Developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the effectiveness of Public Health interventions;
- Ensuring Ministry of Health frameworks and standards are adhered to hence ensures the promotion of health and well-being of the community.
- Plan and conduct epidemiological research interventions.
- Set benchmarks, and monitor the implementation of public health initiatives through periodic inspections and intensive health education.
- Plan and monitor the provision of efficient and appropriate public health initiatives at Regional and General hospital facilities.